Graphic Designer - Part Time
- SHORT TERM CONTRACT
- CBD LOCATION
- ASAP START
Description of duties:
- Undertakes design of Departmental printed publications including brochures, newsletters, display banners and other various print related items.
- Develops publication specifications for print suppliers.
- Produces artwork in a form suitable for use by print bureaus.
- Ensures adequate quality control on all productions to departmental standards, including proof and print checking.
- Skills, experience and knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite for print-based work in an Apple computer environment.
- Experience in graphic design and a folio demonstrating a variety and excellence of work.
- Experience in preparing files for print bureaus.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, design parameters in a corporate environment.
- Experience in proof checking and quality control procedures.
- Experience in print purchasing and a knowledge of the print industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert in CX5
- MS Office
- Experience in the creation of websites.
- Experience in multimedia design.
- Post secondary qualifications in graphic design or equivalent relevant professional experience.