APS 4/5 Financial Accountant
|Job Title:||APS 4/5 Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||Hourly Rate plus Superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Michelle Stemm|
|Job Published:||October 26, 2018 12:45|
- 12 month contract
- Immediate start
- Must be an Australian Citizen to apply
Our government client has an immediate requirement for an APS 4/5 Financial Accountant to undertake day-to-day financial accounting tasks with a strong focus on providing financial support to the Manager, Financial Accounting and its controlled subsidiary entities.
The Financial Accountant (Subsidiaries) will contribute to the delivery of accurate and high quality financial services, including book keeping, assisting in preparation of monthly and annual financial statements, BAS Statements, cash forecasting and management, compliance activities and management reporting. This position will input to the delivery of value-add financial management and analytical advice and assist management with the delivery of their business objectives.
- Provide and assist in managing financial accounting activities for subsidiary entities, including maintaining the general ledger, assist in preparation of ad-hoc reports, financial statements, and BAS Statements ensuring statutory compliance and adhering to the Finance policies and processes.
- Analyse data, identify variances or issues and draw conclusions or potential solutions.
- Assist with the preparation of subsidiary budgets and forecasts and ad hoc reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual actuals reporting to the Department of Finance reporting through CBMS.
- Contribute to consolidated financial statements process and audit.
- Accurately undertake, supervise and complete work with appropriate prioritisation, adding-value and looking for improvements to processes to ensure a high level service delivery and performance.
- Builds effective working relationships by working within and across team(s) to achieve objectives
- Australian Citizenship – essential
- Demonstrated experience in financial accounting tasks (such as recording of transactions, undertaking reconciliations, preparing monthly reports, tracking and managing cash flows to facilitate payments)
- Demonstrated experience being proactive and using sound judgement and problem solving skills to resolve issues and implement improved business practices.
- Pro-actively undertake and complete work with accuracy and timeliness including prioritisation of own tasks contributing to Finance team service delivery.
- Ensure data integrity through demonstrated attention to detail and quality data input.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to work well within a team to provide a high level of customer service
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
APS 6 Contract Officer
Annual Salary plus generous salary packaging
APS 4 Recruitment Officers
APS 5 Asset Governance Officer (Maintenance)
$75,320 to $80,806 plus superannuation
APS 6 Asset Governance Officer (Maintenance)
$82,421 to $92,635 plus superannuation
Legal 1 - APS 4-6 Freedom of Information (FOI) case officer
Pro-rata annual salary