APS 6 / EL1 Data Analyst - (GIS)
- Immediate start
- Must hold a current Baseline Security Clearance
- Must be an Australian Citizen
Our government client is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to assist it in a significant project to be completed by end 2019. The data analyst will derive the density and accessibility measures from Census data and from data extracted from models maintained by State and Territory departments. The density measures will be employment and population in concentric bands around specified locations. The accessibility measures will be the sum of employees or population in small zones weighted by a distance decay factor. Alternative distance measures such as straight-line distance.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in data manipulation and analysis and will commence in the role immediately on an initial four month contract, but may be extended to six months. Your Responsibilities:
- Manipulation and analysis of Census data and from data extracted from state and territory governments.
- Estimate production functions (firm output as a function of inputs) that include density or accessibility measures
- Testing of a range of different models, industry groupings, city grouping and density/accessibility measures to find which works best
- Testing of alternative measures
- Ability to commence in the role immediately
- You must hold current security clearance (Baseline minimum)
- You must be an Australian Citizen
- Ability to manipulate large databases of spatial data using Python or any other programming language or software package that will do the job
- Familiarity with geographic information system (GIS) software (desirable)
- Ability to work as part of a small team and individually
For further information or a confidential discussion please contact Michelle Stemm on 6198 4000 or apply online today as this unique opportunity will not going to stay on the market long.