Rubicor Technical, on behalf of our client, are recruiting an experienced Chief Estimator
to assess existing cost estimation information available and current estimating processes and to make recommendations for the structure/framework for future projects.
Based on agreed recommendations, the role will then be responsible for developing those detailed structures/frameworks and guidelines for cost estimating priority project types and developing unit costings where suitable historic information exists.
Tools for capturing and preparing project cost estimates will also be assessed with a view to automating, integrating and improving the estimating process. Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and direction for estimation activities ensuring client is best positioned to establish sound strategies which enable the successful assessment of project costs.
- Provide project cost estimations in a dynamic and changing integrated passenger and rail infrastructure environment, through effective strategy formulation and stakeholder engagement to ensure safety, time, cost and quality outcomes meet business needs and expectations.
- Contribute towards the achievement of client’s business targets, objectives, performance measures, safety responsibilities and continually seek to implement business performance improvement initiatives.
- Work closely with Project Delivery Leaders to develop estimating guidelines, frameworks and systems to enhance the efficient and effective cost estimation process for projects within Queensland Rail.
- Prepare analysis, advice and detailed projections to support recommendations for the structure / framework for future estimating. Assess tools for capturing and preparing project cost estimates with a view to automating, integrating and improving the estimating process including the identification of required updates to organisational capability (identify & address gap analysis).
- Serve as a single point of accountability for the successful development and delivery (safety, on time, on budget, on scope) of a project cost estimation database for the various disciplines including rail signalling systems, overhead rail systems, track structures, civil structures, stations and rolling stock.
- Proactively build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide reporting on the status and outcomes to meet the diverse range of business, client and stakeholder requirements.
- High level of skill in the planning and successful development of complex cost estimation databases incorporating various disciplines.
- Demonstrated high level strategic, conceptual, analytical and collaborative skills including the ability to interpret and manage the social, political and organisational environment.
- High level of skill in all forms of communications to effectively engage, build relationships, negotiate and consult on complex issues with internal clients.
- Extensive knowledge of the planning, risk and complexity involved in developing best practice cost estimations.
- Proven, demonstrated and previous relevant and extensive experience as an Estimating Specialist or Quantity Surveyor.
- Ability to assess information, develop frameworks and data repositories.
- High level capabilities in communication and stakeholder engagement.
This is a 12 months Fixed Term Contract opportunity. Standard 38 hours per week – Monday to Friday in Brisbane CBD.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful applicant to undertake a Drug and Alcohol Pre-Employment Health Assessment.
To apply follow the link.