Consultant, Data Scientist
|Job Title:||Consultant, Data Scientist|
|Location:||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Published:||January 18, 2019 10:16|
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic data scientist to join our team. This is an exciting time to join our team with plans to transform, expand and support the business in new and innovative ways.
You will provide insights by applying rigorous data science methodologies to develop statistical and mathematical models.
What you’ll be doing…
Working with technology, data engineers, key business stakeholders and the broader analytics community you will support the following:
Model Design & Data Discovery
- Assessment and selection of modelling techniques and potential data sources to address the given business problem, including analysis of new and existing data sources to assess their applicability and use of tools to perform descriptive analytics.
- Extract and manipulate data from a variety of sources and subsequently cleanse, standardize, scale, bin, categorise, tokenise, stem and transforms it is order to get the data into a state suitable for further analysis.
Modelling for Operational Analytics
- Designing and developing the approach for operational execution of model scoring and the closed loop feedback paths required to support true test and learn, including techniques, tools and consideration of lifecycle management framework, metadata, coding standards, version control, scheduling, error handling, data quality, referential integrity and testing (including model accuracy and batch performance and integration testing).
What you will bring...
- Post Graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar industry experience
- A background in statistical analysis and modelling techniques over large data sets, with proven capability constructing, validating, and implementing models
- You're comfortable developing code and performing analysis using common tools such as R / Python
- Ability to build appropriate models from scratch and justify the methods and science used
- The ability to explain simply how complex models work, and how they can be used in the real world to achieve desired business outcomes
- An openness to new ways of thinking and working
Required expertise in the following disciplines:
- Predictive Modeling
- Feature Engineering
- Machine Learning
Required technical skills:
- R, Python,
- Strong SQL skills
Desirable skills & experience:
- Visualisation products
- Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Consultant - Digital Data Analytics
CBD & Inner Suburbs
$140,000 - $155,000
Sr. Director, Global Data Solutions & Strategy - Fortune 500 Company
Front-End Developer (Digital Marketing Agency)
HKD $17-25,000 per month
Mid Level C# Developer - Financial and Trading
Australia - NSW
Systems Support Analyst - Global Top 5 Tech Giant (Market Cap)