As a Data Architect, you are a data technology evangelist in the company who advocates technology and our data platform. You will participate in activities like presenting to Executives and Leaders on the current technology, future technology and our roadmap.
You shall oversee the governance, design, ongoing development and operations of a end-to-end Data & Analytics architecture that synergies all our data (structured and unstructured) to information that brings sense to our data consumers for their fact-based decision making and analysis.
You are instrumental in working closely with stakeholders like Business users, IT Project Managers, Infrastructure team, to maximize the value of our data platform.
- Oversee the ongoing development and operations of an end-to-end Data architecture that enables fact-based decision making, ad-hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Regular review of emerging technologies to assess their relevance and viability in solving on-going information management challenges eg. Big Data, cloud computing, enterprise business metadata management and Data SOA.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of corporate data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data dictionaries and data element naming standards and conventions for multiple computing environments.
- Establish standard information architecture best practices in the context of the enterprise’s overall architecture, and consistently apply such standards to operating units and functions across the company.
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost effective data related solutions for improved data integrity.
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Review and approve project designs including data models and ETL.
- Prepares written reports of findings and recommendations.
- Mentoring the Data Technology team and other IT teams on technical skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of consulting experience in proven implementation and delivery of Data solutions for enterprise, including data management experience, like architecting data management solutions and designing/developing data governance policies/standards.
- Extensive proven experience in Solution envisioning, building demonstration, estimates, proposal development, user presentations/workshop conduct.
- Hands-on experience on Big Data, Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Mart eg. Hadoop Hortonworks, Hive, Pig, Spark, Scalar, Netezza etc.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles and agile methodology.
- Familiarity with process modeling, semantic modeling and data modeling.
- Expertise in SQL and databases.
- Knowledge in insurance domain is an added advantage.
- Strong technical leadership skills with a proactive participative management style, and instill and reinforce a strong customer service and business-oriented ethic in the entire team.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently communicate (verbally and written) to all levels of the business from operational to executives.
- Strong logical thinking and problem solving skills
- An inquisitive individual who is always ask “why”, “why not” and “how can I make it better”.
- Ability to manage and work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to make decisions and deliver even within ambiguous situations.
- Organizational/political agility with the ability to drive large, cross-functional data management programs involving coordination with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to abstract general principles from specifics.
CEI No: R1112169 | Licence No: 07C3147