Excellent opportunity for a Data Solution Architect to join a financial services organization on a long-term contract to lead and champion a data transformation program from inception to delivery - you will own it all the way through. We need someone who is confident working across all levels of the business in a consultative/collaborative style. We need a driver that can win hearts and minds but direct enough to ensure new tool-sets are taken up throughout the organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with Investment Data project teams to design and implement scalable technical solutions that support project objectives and are aligned to the Agency’s guiding technology principles.
- Help facilitate the evaluation and selection of software products, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
- Analyse multiple sources of structured and unstructured data to propose and design investment data solutions that support scalability, high availability, fault tolerance, and elasticity.
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical models for various investment data types and domains.
- Implement security, encryption best practices for Investment Data technical solutions.
- Provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of a solution architecture.
- Review designs and outputs of Agile processes to ensure alignment to agreed solution architectures.
The ideal candidate looks like:
- Significant experience as a solution architect designing and developing solutions within financial services, specialising in data warehouse architecture and/or analytics.
- Strong experience in data integration design and implementation, large scale solution architecture, design skills in ‘big data’, ETL platforms and technologies.
- Experience working with Cloud solutions such as AWS, Azure etc.
- Strong, in-depth experience in data modelling and experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modelling, data mining, predictive analytics).
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL and MapR and other industry ‘big data’ frameworks.
- Broad architecture acumen: Database architecture, ETL, SOA, Cloud, etc.
- Good experience in Spark/Pig/SQOOP/Kafka/Flume for extracting near real-time data & event messaging.
- Good experience in offloading/loading data in RDBMS & HDFS.
- Experience delivering against long-term, strategic technology roadmaps.
- Success designing solutions for projects using the Agile methodology.
If feel like this is an opportunity you can prove to be a valuable asset then please click the apply button or simply give me a call on 03 8637 7370 or mail me on Geraint.firstname.lastname@example.org
Even if you feel you may not be up to scratch or even too senior then still get in contact for other opportunities.