|Job Title:||Data Engineer|
|Location:||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Contact Name:||Geraint Cooper|
|Job Published:||April 05, 2019 16:46|
What you’ll be doing…
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture through automation and service reliability practices
- Design and build data separation schemes and security policies to meet differing regulatory requirements across multiple cloud environments
- Ensure architecture meets the functional and non-functional requirements
- Continually learning and researching best practices and tooling for data lake architectures (Kappa, Lambda, etc.)
- Automation is built in into every aspect of your deliverables as a core component, not an afterthought.
What you will bring...
- Developing in Java, Scala or Python
- Open source data tooling (Apache Kafka, Beam, Flink, Spark, ETL processing, etc.)
- Knowledge of, or experience with traditional and MPP Data Warehouses (Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, RedShift, etc.) and associated ETL tooling (Informatica, etc)
- OOP or functional design patterns
- Databases including Relational, Graph and Document/NoSQL, dimensional models (star, Snowflake etc), normalization and SQL development
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- CI/CD, Github
- Traditional RDBMS (MSSQL, Postgres, MySQL etc)
- Cloud: AWS (S3, EMR, EKS, EC2, lambda, etc.), Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Workday Data Conversion Lead - Insurance - Hong Kong
Technical Support Engineer - Hedge Fund - Hong Kong
Excellent Base and Bonuses
Reporting BI Analyst
CBD & Inner Suburbs
$110,000 - $120,000
Low Latency C++ Developer (DMA Build) - Equities Electronic Trading
High base with excellent bonuses
Customer Communications Insights Consultant
CBD & Inner Suburbs
$90,000 - $130,000