Data Engineer (ETL DataStage)
|Job Title:||Data Engineer (ETL DataStage)|
|Location:||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2019 13:45|
The ideal person for this role is a fast learner and a confident self-starter; naturally curious and passionate about technology, but with varied interests; and an excellent communicator who yearns to develop the software engineering practice to help out other engineers within the area. In addition, code quality should be in the forefront of everything they do.
In a nutshell we need:
- Someone who can do a bit of everything (if required) - analysis, design, development and testing.
- Strong SQL skills - ability to understand varying implemented patterns and complicated logic blocks. And then write queries to enhance/modify or analyse further.
- Someone who is proactive and will challenge/enhance a solution for an epic. And can cut through the noise of the delivery process to understand the expectations the rest of the team will place on them.
- Someone who can explain a problem in a non-technical manner. I.e. They can illustrate a problem to someone else either verbally, or diagrammatically, without fall back to technical/data detail. This ability also translates to detailing in writing.
- Someone who can talk to business users, if required, and understand requirements, play them back and confirm or challenge.
- Someone who can communicate early that they are struggling, need help or are going to miss a deadline for a valid reason. This is a given in the first month.
- Culturally - co-operative, focused who can manage their work load. They have a personality but not one that is distracting.
- Design, develop and document ETL processes using IBM DataStage over MPP warehouse (e.g. Netezza, Teradata)
- Design and develop ETL using Spark will be advantageous, but not mandatory
- Determine feasible options to implement database objects, load processes, business rules and complex transformations.
- Write reusable unit and functional test scripts using SQL queries and data dictionary objects
- Experienced in data driven testing (i.e. golden sets) in functional testing
- Contribute to development and testing environment administration and operation
- Active participation to AIM development Community of Practice (CoP)
- An eye for detail, and always look for continuous improvements
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Workday Data Conversion Lead - Insurance - Hong Kong
Technical Support Engineer - Hedge Fund - Hong Kong
Excellent Base and Bonuses
Reporting BI Analyst
CBD & Inner Suburbs
$110,000 - $120,000
Low Latency C++ Developer (DMA Build) - Equities Electronic Trading
High base with excellent bonuses
Customer Communications Insights Consultant
CBD & Inner Suburbs
$90,000 - $130,000