Data Engineering Consultant
|Job Title:||Data Engineering Consultant|
|Location:||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2018 20:45|
This is not your average job opportunity, nor is it the average team, this is the best job you’ll see all year!
This role is an integral part of a brand new team being created with the ultimate goal of helping small to medium sized businesses excel in the current economic climate. The team will utilise countless datasets, market research and industry reports to formulate strategies designed help these businesses succeed.
This team is different. You won’t be joining the night watch to keep the cogs moving...you’ll be an integral part in building this team from the ground up and being the make-up to its values and culture.
- Think outside the box
- Challenge every suggestion
- Be the niche tool in the toolbox
What your new role would entail…
- Development of data models, from multi sources (internal/external), structured, unstructured, raw, curated, confirmed.
- Interpret business requirements to data needed to enable analytics concepts to be applied.
- Connect with various data teams within the business to ensure a collaborative approach to analytics is consistent with Enterprise Data owned Enterprise Analytics Strategy and is shared with enterprise peers.
- Maintenance and documentation of model, should a persistent requirement be established.
What you will bring...
- Understanding of Australian banking landscape, its products, drivers and performance.
- Strong technical skills and experience using SQL, SAS, R or Python to extract, manipulate and merge large customer behavioural or transactional datasets from a variety of source systems (e.g. SQL Teradata, Oracle SQL, SQL Server, MYSQL, SAS Base, Python or R)
- Demonstrated ability to bridge the gap between business and technology.
- Leverage contemporary data sourcing and modelling techniques to enable research, analytics & insight generation.
- Critical thinking and curiosity to understand problems and determine solutions.
- Data modelling with evidence using multi-source structured/unstructured data.
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's