What do you think it would be like to lead a team of Data Scientists for one of the world’s leading Utility providers?
If the thoughts that came to mind are: technically challenging, ongoing opportunities to learn, working as a specialist across innovative data engineering projects then this role is going to interest you.
- Definition, design and build of data models to support primary research, data mining, advanced analytical modelling and data visualisation
- Actively involved in the understanding and preparation of data for analytical modelling
- Developing the statistical and analytical modelling strategies to provide solutions to business questions.
- Selection of appropriate tools including innovative approaches to deriving insight
- Engaging with business stakeholders to understand qualitative inputs such process, behaviours, operations and limitations required to support the evaluation of models and the validation of outcomes and insights.
- Experience in advanced analytics and machine learning with big or complex data sets
- A selection of superv ised and unsupervised modelling algorithms across Segmentation, Regression, Classification, Association, Forecasting and Optimisation
- Social Network and Link Analysis as well as text mining and sentiment analysis
- Descriptive Analysis techniques and interactive data exploration using data visualisation
- Consulting background beneficial.
- A range of advanced analytic toolsets including Open Source tools (R, python, RapidMiner, Scala etc.) and/or non-Open Source (SPSS, SAS, MATLAB) tools
- Experience and/or interest in the following would be well received:
- Computer programming or an Object Oriented Language (Java, C++, C#)
- Distributed computing (i.e. Hadoop Stack)
- Cloud Based Infrastructures
- Discrete Event, System Dynamic and/or Agent Based Modelling and/or Operations Research
Tertiary qualifications in mathematics, statistics or actuarial science. Qualifications or experience in computer science, physics, engineering or similar field highly regarded.