An exponentially growing financial services company with multiple industry awards is seeking Senior Data Scientists / Data Engineers to join their team in Melbourne.
They are a collaborative and close knit team of high performing individuals who work hard and celebrate their achievements. You can expect a fast paced, flexible, dynamic and fun environment where if you work hard you will be significantly rewarded.
What your new role would entail…
- Delivery/creation of world-class modelling solutions for digital fraud – preventing incidents and downtime etc.
- Consult within the business, gathering requirements from key stakeholders and delivering this to the team.
- Report and deliver insights using Tableau for effective visualisation dashboards.
- Mine raw, unstructured data from numerous digital sources:
- Payment data including payment plans etc.
- Credit card usage/plans etc.
- Proactively perform data exploration on customer behaviour to discover opportunities for increasing sales.
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely.
- Work on a technical solution that fully incorporates cloud based solutions in AWS.
What you will bring...
- PhD or MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science.
- Relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive business improvements.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Expert coding skills in python but also relevant experience in R and SQL.
- Experience working with cloud based solutions (Ideally AWS).
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Strong data visualizations skills to convey information and results clearly (Tableau).
- Ideally you will have a financial services background.
- Experience working with raw, unstructured data.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Consultative mindset, confident in delivering to key decision makers.
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
If you believe this role is for you, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.