Database and Application Specialist - Global Retail Giant - Hong Kong
|Job Title:||Database and Application Specialist - Global Retail Giant - Hong Kong|
|Contact Name:||Philip Quinn|
|Job Published:||January 31, 2019 13:47|
My client, one of the world's biggest retailers, currently undergoing a large scale expansion in Hong Kong, are looking for a Database and Application Specialist to join their team. This is an opportunity to work in a diverse culture within a large global organisation. You will be working closely with the business, developing applications and catering to the business needs.
- Partner with Business Controlling team to set up and enhance the functionality of Business Intelligence (BI) platforms, Oracle Essbase and Hyperion Planning/Reporting
- Maintain Oracle Essbase outline, calculation scripts and data loading rules
- Handle development and maintenance phases of projects with Oracle, MS-SQL databases, middleware in a distributed computing environment.
- Participate in projects, contributing in database/application support, installation, integration as well as subsequent administration
- Provide business-as-usual support for application systems in areas of monitoring, tuning, backups and patching
- Degree holders or above in Computing, IT or Engineering from a recognised tertiary institution with 3+ year database experience in an enterprise production environment
- Working knowledge in Windows/Linux is a must
- Working knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g/12c, Oracle Essbase, Hyperion Planning/Reporting and MS SQL is desirable
- Working knowledge of programming in SQL, PLSQL is desirable
- Good knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) and ETL is desirable
- Customer-oriented with good troubleshooting, communication and interpersonal skills.
Good spoken and written communication skills in both English
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's