|Job Title:||Engineering Manager|
|Location:||Australia - NSW|
|Job Published:||May 31, 2019 17:01|
My client is a leading investment bank exploring new and better ways to progress the business with a positive change in the environmental dynamics. The Wealth Technology Retail and Corporate Superannuation Service is seeking a quality focused, Manager Engineer to lead the change agenda for the MasterKey Technology Teams based in Sydney. The role will report into the Head of Technology, Superannuation-Retail and Corporate.
Will effectively lead the engineering life cycle for the (Unit Pricing) and Cashiering applications, on the MasterKey Platform, and drive strategic & operational improvement, through the engineering development (SDLC) process. This will allow the client to increase its velocity of delivery and investigate, test and implement new ways of uplifting platform capability to meet the business growing needs and/or strategic direction.
- This role will be key in coaching, mentoring employees on best practice approach to application development, and the delivery of change to support Business Initiatives;
- Require significant cross collaboration across the Technology division and will be a key influencer, with many new relationships that must be fostered and built upon;The role has accountability for all platform technical standards and ensuring that all teams working on associated platforms are aligned under the MasterKey platform and foster a collaborative environment within and across teams and business units in Technology.
- Lead project scrum teams and contribute to delivery of the Wealth Change Portfolio
- Managing the platform capability (with Head of Technology Service Owner); provide resources with appropriate skills, matching capability demand with supply of skilled resources;
- Be a role model in terms of our Agile Mindset and champion the high level adoption of agile practices within the team and across the Superannuation Service.
- Proven experience in a Development/ Engineering Manager or any equivalent role;
- Excellent social and communication skills, with a passion for mentoring and knowledge sharing;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Technical knowledge of programming, system design, IT infrastructure and database concepts;
- Outstanding ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions;
- An appreciation of both IT and business strategy;
- Knowledge and experience in IT Application re-Engineering;
- Strong customer service focus.
- ITIL Methodology
- Service re-engineering ( Automation and DevOps)
- Wealth Financial services experience with a focus on Superannuation
- Cloud based technologies
In return the client will offer a rewarding work environment, structured training, on-going career progression, hack days and personal development in a supportive team environment.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia.
For more information call Marian on 0481202402 / 02 8047 4015 email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's