As the Environmental Health Officer you will be responsible for:
- Conducting inspections/audits within the community particularly at registered/licensed premises and events
- Educate and ensure compliance with the Public Health Act
- Review environmental health legislation when required and make recommendations on actions required under environmental health legislation and policy.
- Developing relationships with local stakeholders
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Health Science or the equivalent
- Knowledge and practical experience administering relevant environmental health related legislation including standards and codes
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication including negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Experience in preparing detailed reports and correspondence.
- Experience in explaining legislation and taking graduated enforcement action. Due to the volume of applicants we are only able to contact candidates that meet the above criteria.
If you are passionate about public health and you are a proactive and innovative Environmental Health Officer looking to add value to your community - please apply now!
Should you have any questions please contact Cara Carrodus on 08 9212 1001