|Job Title:||Exploration Manager|
|Location:||PNG & Pacific Islands|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2018 16:15|
This role will report into the Executive GM and will be responsible for driving safe exploration and mine processes and to maximise commercial outcomes and resource base.
The key focus of the role:
- Ensure effective execution of exploration work.
- Ensure successful transition from exploration to commercial operations.
- To mentor the exploration team ensuring they are engaged and committed.
- Tertiary qualifications in geology with at least 20 years extensive exploration experience in different phases of exploration from regional target, to assessment and strategic exploration planning, to the transition to mine development.
- At least five years exposure in South West Pacific Copper-Gold mineralisation with a demonstrated ability to execute exploration work programs, including ability to manage costs against outputs and outcomes.
- Professional accreditation and ability to act as Competent Person.
- Ability and experience in software applications related to exploration and resource modelling.
- Experience in mining operations.
- High levels of expertise in working in multi-national teams of varying capability levels, supervising, fostering teamwork across different cultures and nationalities to focus and motivate an on-site team to success.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability interact successfully with contractors and consultants.
- Demonstrated track record of adding value through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated project/time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions in the presence of imperfect information.
- High-level commitment to developing and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment.
This is a FIFO role, based on site in the Pacific. Roster TBC.
Applications are invited from candidates globally.
To apply follow the link or email Jon White: email@example.com