Rubicor Technical Ltd, on behalf of our client Barrick (Niugini) Limited (BNL), are seeking an experienced Financial Controller. Reporting to the Finance Manager and with four direct reports this role has responsibility for maintaining and managing financial systems and for the accuracy of reporting and compliance with Corporate and statutory obligations, to enable the business to meet its long and short term business objectives. Working on a FIFO roster, this role will be working very closely with and standing in for the Finance Manager on their scheduled field breaks. The company:
BNL is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture (PJV) partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group. Key Accountabilities:
- Working with the Finance Manager in developing and managing financial and management reporting systems, within the Porgera operation, for the efficient management of:
- Prepare and issue timely and complete financial statements;
- Coordinate the preparation of various management and operations reports;
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Develop and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the annual budget and periodic forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for cost savings and business improvement;
- Manage the above functions and interactions and opportunities across the functions.
- Ensure sales procedures are carried out in accordance with the company policies and standards.
- Manage procedures for compliance with internal controls SOX standards.
- Establish and manage systems for compliance with Corporate Finance policies.
- Develop the Annual Plan for the department and drive achievement of continuous improvement targets.
- Prepare and manage the budget for the department.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the department.
- Develop objectives for sharing common infrastructure and support services across the operations and cascade this throughout department.
- Develop and manage systems to enable the achievement of the Life of Mine Plan and strategies to ensure continued development and improvement of systems.
- Bachelor recognised tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Commerce.
- CA, CPA or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years minerals/mining experience
- Significant management and financial accounting experience, including a minimum of five years in leadership roles.
- Knowledge and experience in a mining operation in a developing country, demonstrating commitment to localisation plans and sensitivity to local customs and practices.
- Detailed knowledge of PNG financial, taxation and Companies legislation is preferable.
- Knowledge in the development and implementation of financial management systems
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas.
- Experience in the use of Oracle computerised accounting systems
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
This role will be on a FIFO roster of 16 days on / 12 days off with a charter out of Cairns. Work location will be the Porgera Mine Site, PNG. On site all accommodation and food will be provided.
An on-travel allowance will be provided to candidates who reside outside of Cairns, Australia.
Relocation assistance is provided should you wish to move to Cairns (provided you have the right to reside in Australia).
FIFO from international locations will be considered.
In addition to good base annual salary and international savings plan you will receive:
- Location allowance
- Mobility allowance
- Short term incentive plan
- Long term incentive plan.
For PNG Visa purposes you will to undertake immigration and pre-employment medical screening and will need to obtain a National Police Clearance.
The offer for this role is conditional upon the candidate successfully obtaining and retaining a visa that allows you to work in Papua New Guinea.
To apply follow the link or email Jon White directly: firstname.lastname@example.org