The existing application has already been successfully migrated to AWS and was the first within the bank to do so.
Now it is time to begin work on transforming the UI and UX and as a result there are openings for both mid and senior front end developers on a contract basis.
- Application development within a scrum team including development of new software and upgrades to existing software.
- Develop specialised and detailed technical solutions to meet business needs
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders including Technical and Functional Business Analysts, to develop clearly defined solutions and technical designs.
- Provide guidance on best practice, coding methodologies, solution design and implementation.
- Conduct testing and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Follow and influence a Quality assurance process to ensure coding standards are met and effective knowledge transfer occurs.
- Work in a creative, design-heavy environment where UX best practices are paramount to all engagements.
- Experience working with an object oriented framework i.e. Java/.net
- Experience with the front-end technology toolset including: Dependency managers such as NPM or bower, Build tools such as grunt, gulp or webpack, Development frameworks such as AngularJS or React, Transpilers such as TypeScript or ES6/Babel, CSS pre-processors such as LESS, SASS or stylus, HTML5 frameworks such as bootstrap or foundation, Testing frameworks such as Jasmine or Mocha and Automation testing tools such as Protractor.
- Deep understanding of software development principals and design patterns and performing code reviews.
- Extensive experience working in an Agile Scrum Team.
- Leadership & mentoring of technical resources.
- Ability to recommend and showcase completed solutions up to GM Level.
- Experience in the production of technical documentation including technical specifications, operating instructions, test plans etc.
- NodeJS development experience an advantage.
- Experience in other enterprise software development frameworks such as MS MVC or Spring an advantage
- Unit & automation testing of front-end applications
- User Experience (UX) best practices and interaction models