Reporting to the Government and Community Relations Manager, we are seeking someone to lead and manage a diverse team in a high volume, deadline driven and sensitive environment with complex and competing priorities to deliver effectively managed advice, briefings and correspondence. The suitable candidate will also be required to manage the efficient operation of ministerial related processes, coordinate and provide effective liaison between this Government body, Queensland Government and key Parliamentary stakeholders, especially shareholding Ministers and their advisors on company matters to assist in the daily administration of the portfolio.
As the Government Relations Team Leader your candidate will:
- Lead the Ministerial Liaison team and work collaboratively with the General Manager, Government and Stakeholder Relationships and all members of Government and Stakeholder Relations team to assist in progressing or completing team or organisational outcomes
- Liaise with shareholding Ministers and their advisors on continuing and emerging issues
- Liaise with senior managers and key officers in relation to enquiries about Queensland Rail to ensure all are managed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Alert senior managers and key relevant officers of issues or concerns about the company arising in the offices of shareholding Ministers (QoNs) and Committee responses
- Coordinate and follow up any actions arising from Parliamentary requests or enquiries from shareholding Ministers Advisors.
- Provide advice to shareholding Ministers' staff in dealings with persons and organisations seeking direct access to Ministers on the company matters
- Develop and support exceptional corporate correspondence for Government and customers.
- Review ministerial briefings, Parliamentary responses such as Possible Parliamentary Questions (PPQs) and Questions on Notice.
This stakeholder management role requires a candidate with proven leadership experience with a focus on the development and implementation of positive communications with Key Government Stakeholders.
Consultative approach and great communication skills will ensure success in this role. A degree in Public Policy, Political Science or Communications would be well regarded.
Please send your CV in a Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org at Rubicor Technical or via the APPLY button.
Applications closes Monday 16th October.
Note that only suitable applicants will be contacted.