Health and Safety Specialist
|Job Title:||Health and Safety Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Kelsey Pyman|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2018 14:15|
As the Health and Safety Specialist you will report to the Project Manager. The scope of the responsibilities will be to manage/supervise the trades and apprentices, liaising with sub-contractors, planning and scheduling work programs, ensuring workplace OH&S is adhered to and communicating with stake holders.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Conducting Site Specific Inductions using the Site Registration & Induction Checklist
- Ensuring the Daily Site Registration Log is completed by all visitors, staff and sub-contractors.
- Completion of weekly site inspections in consultation with the Site Foreman
- Conduct the fortnightly safety toolbox meetings with all subcontractors on site
- Involved in the monthly HSEQ Audits conducted by the Operations/ HSEQ Manager
- Review and complete the Plant & Equipment Register (new and existing)
- Conducting site safety incident investigations and completing the correct paperwork – notification for all incidents to go to Operations/ HSEQ Manager immediately.
- Reviewing and monitor all subcontractor documentation to ensure covers all high risk tasks
- Ensuring that all subcontractors are adhering to the testing and tagging requirements on site
- Reviewing and managing the chemical register for the site
- Maintains and monitors the progress of work on site in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- General labouring/trade assisting will be required on an Ad Hoc basis
- Ensures that all work carried out on site is done so in a safe manner
- Ensuring subcontractor compliance with company/project policies and procedures.
- Constantly working with all staff, subcontractors and suppliers on site to overcome project challenges or difficulties
- Minimum 3 years experience within the construction industry
- Red/ White Construction Card
- Cert III or IV Occupational Health & Safety
- Working with Children’s Licence
- First Aid Training & CPR Refresher
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's