We are currently looking for an experienced Human Resources Officer to join a high performing People and Culture Team within a highly regarded WA owned organisation based South of the River.
This is an opportunity for a motivated, passionate and proactive HR Officer to assist in the support of over 300 employees across varied locations, to be deemed suitable for the position you must be able to demonstrate the following;
- Sound conceptual and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and within a team environment to provide a customer focused service.
- Well-developed organisational skills and ability to manage a demanding workload in a dynamic work environment to ensure that there is a focus on priority tasks and those deadlines are met.
- Proven record of integrity, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate with customers at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry skills.
You must also possess the following Experience and tertiary qualifications;
- Possess or working towards a tertiary qualification in Human Resources Management or other HR related discipline.
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite and a Human Resource Management Information System.
- Experience in the application of policies, procedures and legislation applicable to recruitment, selection and appointment.
The main functions of the Human Resources Officer is to provide a high standard of care and support, ensuring employees across the business are able to operate successfully, safely and assured as well as carrying out a streamlined & positive recruitment process in line with organisation expectations and legislative requirements.
Duties will include;
- Maintain Employee records including Employee Files, leave information, salary information and allowance payments, ensuring accurate information is provided to Employees and Payroll;
- Provide a responsive customer service attending to employment enquiries, drafting and preparing routine correspondence;
- Undertake recruitment, selection and appointment processes of permanent and contractor placements including acceptance and collation of applications, distribution of vacancy files, notifications and appointment processes;
- Arrange pre-employment screening processes and provide notification to Applicant;
- Coordinate the first day orientation for new employees including the supervision of the online Safety Induction;
- Assist with the coordination of the Corporate Induction day for new employees;
- Assist with classification and reclassification requests;
- Assist in maintaining accurate Establishment records including Position Descriptions, Position History Files and Organisational structure changes;
- Provide support and assistance to payroll as required;
- Coordinate employee Superannuation payments and maintain precise records ensuring that accurate advice is provided to Payroll, Employees and the Government Superannuation Board;
- Maintain internal HR Officer procedures, ensure they are up to date and accurate;
- Coordination of End of Month requirements including monthly leave accruals, calculation of FTE’s, Divisional/Branch/Section leave reports and Exit Interview data;
- Other duties as required.
Applicants must be flexible, reliable and possess a professional manner