A high level of communication skills is also essential as the position will require constant liaison with clients.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Key duties may include but not limited to:
- Preparation of tax returns and financial statements and interpreting these figures to clients and stakeholders including statutory bodies, shareholders, management etc.
- Assure the accuracy and completeness of information contained in the financial reports, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Advice on accounting systems, provide hand-on bookkeeping.
- Preparation and lodgement of ASIC documentation, providing assurance about the accuracy of information and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Liaise with customers as require.
- Other adhoc accounting tasks as required.
- Australian University degree qualified
- Studying towards CPA or CA accreditation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Advanced time management and organizational skills
- Be proficient with MS Excel, Word and Outlook applications
- Candidate with XERO is preferred
- 1-3 Years' experience in tax compliance and returns preparation