Java Engineer - Top Tier US Bank Equity Technology
|Job Title:||Java Engineer - Top Tier US Bank Equity Technology|
|Salary:||$600,000 - $720,000|
|Contact Name:||Philip Quinn|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2019 17:46|
My client is a Global leading Tier 1 US Investment Bank currently expanding their Equities Technology team in Hong Kong with new Java Developer hires for the team, where you will reporting to team leaders under the Head of Equities Technology with the following responsibilities:
- Be part of a team focused on developing and supporting technologies for a global equities business as well as developing tailored business technology solutions driven by desk requirements.
- Communicate trading and booking information from Front Office Trading systems to the Back Office systems such as Compliance, Bookings etc.
- Design, develop, test and document highly reliable new solutions, tools and workflows to support new business requirements
- Form strong client relationships with traders, coverage desk, operations and other key partners
- Maintain the stability and integrity of the system while suggesting improvements and optimisations.
- Be a strong team player, highly motivated, keen to take on responsibility, able to work independently and successfully manage and maintain a high workload in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 3 years’ technology experience in a commercial environment focused on OO design and programming skills in Java
- You will also be highly experienced in Java Spring framework, Gradle build management, JIRA based agile SDLC, Linux shell scripting, Messaging (e.g. Apache Kafka, Rabbit MQ etc.), FIX Protocol and Databases, SQL (e.g. Sybase, Elastic Search etc.)
- Automated testing and Test-Driven development skills will be a plus
- Project management of tasks, issue resolution, and escalation
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical risk
- An interest in financial markets knowledge and aptitude to learn
- Strong interpersonal and client-facing skills with English fluency
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the Equities business, products and markets traded. Technology is very close to the business, so the learning opportunities are immense and my client offers on the job mentoring and a formal career development programme.
Xpand your job search in the right direction by applying via the links provided. If you have any difficulties doing so, you may also call Philip on +852 3579 4656 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org