Junior Data Scientist
|Job Title:||Junior Data Scientist|
|Location:||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Salary:||up to $90,000|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2019 17:01|
Reporting to the Data Science Manager, our analyst Data Scientists will support the development of the analytics platform and/or support the development of machine learning models.
Working directly with technology, data engineers, data scientists, key business stakeholders and the broader analytics community you will support, and guide analytic experiments.
What you’ll be doing…
- Support the development of, testing and implementation of statistical and mathematical models, using a variety of rigorous techniques, across multiples business lines
- Support, test and develop Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence capability across the enterprise
- Support the wider Data Science community, including segmentation frameworks, lifecycle event triggers, predictive models and advanced analytics
- Support to deliver on our strategic agenda
- Support engineering activities and data pipelines
- Sharing knowledge
- Demonstrating value and benefit from advanced analytics to stakeholders
What you will bring...
- A keen interest in analytics and self-learning
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to understand and interpret problems
- You are comfortable developing code and performing analysis using common tools such as R / Python
- Understanding of Predictive Modelling
- Understanding of Feature Engineering
- Understanding of Text Mining and Sentiment Analytics
- Experience extracting and loading data from various sources
- Data wrangling and exploration experience
- Familiarity with various cloud platforms and services (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Strong SQL skills
- Bachelors/Post Graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Psychology or other related fields of study
- We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
To learn more and have access to a more complete job description listing the full responsibilities, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's