An exponentially growing financial services company with multiple industry awards is seeking Senior Data Scientists to join their team in Melbourne.
This team is to become the central Data Science hub for the business covering Enterprise Analytics. This will be a global best practice team that will set the strategy moving forward and be the central point for their AI strategy moving forward.
The team is open to application of all levels but you must be a high performer with a keen interest in Machine Learning/AI.
What your new role would entail…
- Develop, test and implement statistical and mathematical models, using a variety of rigorous techniques, across multiples business lines
- Support, test and develop Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence capability across the enterprise
- Support whole companies Data Science, including segmentation frameworks, lifecycle event triggers, predictive models and advanced analytics
- Present insights and learning in a clear way to our executives
- Support delivery on strategic agenda
What you will bring...
- Post Graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar industry experience
- A background in statistical analysis and modelling techniques over large data sets, with proven capability constructing, validating, and implementing models
- You're comfortable developing code and performing analysis using common tools such as R / Python
- Ability to build appropriate models from scratch and justify the methods and science used
- The ability to explain simply how complex models work, and how they can be used in the real world to achieve desired business outcomes
- An openness to new ways of thinking and working
- Predictive Modeling
- Feature Engineering
- Text Mining and Sentiment Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark
- R, Python,
- NoSQL technologies (incl HBase)
- Strong SQL skills
What's in it for you?
This is a collaborative and close knit team of high performing individuals who work hard and celebrate their achievements. You can expect a fast paced, flexible, dynamic and fun environment where if you work hard you will be significantly rewarded.
If you believe this role is for you, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.