- North Sydney Location
- Close to Public Transport
- Immediate Start
Our client is a Sydney icon and well known in the amusements and entertainment sector.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Fitter who is hands-on and unafraid to get the job done. This role will see you on the grounds dealing with the general public so excellent communication skills are essential.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will be providing a wide range of mechanical and general maintenance services including but not limited to: ride inspection, installations, repair, testing, and maintenance on amusement attractions, fixed assets and mechanical systems. In addition you will assist with other adhoc maintenance duties such as kitchen, venue and plumbing tasks.
- North Sydney location
- Immediate Start
- Attractive salary
- Assemble, install, test and maintain mechanical systems, equipment, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment and tools And perform preventative maintenance.
- Ensure adequate spare parts and equipment are held on site.
- Inspect mechanical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and make appropriate repairs.
- Ensure full compliance with WHS standards.
- Identify, record and communicate issues impacting on operations and visitor experience.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, roofs and elevated platforms to service and repair equipment.
- Perform all trade and non-trade related work activities as scheduled.
- Complete and update work orders and reporting requirements in detail and with accuracy (MEX)
- Maintain all personal and company tools and equipment and ensure work areas remain orderly.
- Assist with other tasks as directed by management.
- Experience in an environment involving maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Teamwork and leadership skills and well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- You should demonstrate an ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Demonstrated planning, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Basic computer literacy with Microsoft applications and CMMS (Mex)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet strict deadlines
- A capacity to work in multi-project environments and to deadlines
- Ability to work on weekends when rostered.
- Ability to work rotating roster to cover early start (6am) and late finishes (11.30pm)
- Trade qualified Fitter (Must have an Australian qualification or recognised equivalent).
- Working at Heights certificate
- Possession of current First Aid certificate
- Experience in amusement park ride maintenance
- Forklift licence
- Current Class C NSW drivers licence
Please note closing date is subject to change.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Antwanett Willett on 02 9633 0500, quoting Ref No. 356899_4.