- Milson's Point
- Close to Public Transport
- Immediate Start
Our client is Sydney's most recognisable brands and is unique in the amusement park and entertainment industry.
Reporting to the maintenance manager you will plan, direct, co-ordinate and supervise the work of the team to ensure it positively contributes to the presentation, safety, operation and maintenance of the grounds. While you provide sound leadership, guide, develop and support team members, you will also be happy to be hands on.
We are looking for someone that is technical but also willing to be a team player and not afraid to get in there to get the work done. The role also requires you to be on the grounds dealing with the general public so excellent communication skills is a must.
- 5 minutes walk from Milson's Point station
- Immediate Start
- Attractive salary
- Contribute to the planning, scheduling and prioritisation of work requirements to facilitate the peak performance of assets.
- Perform reliability based maintenances practises and facilitate maintenance programs of Preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Perform contractor management.
- Develop and document maintenance procedures and operational practises.
- Develop and apply key metrics and indicators to measure maintenance performance levels across equipment reliability and department operating costs.
- Manage work assignments end to end. Assess work requests, how they should be carried out and check completed work quality ensuring satisfactory results within budget and safety considerations
- Oversee effectiveness of task allocation ensuring work is handled by the most appropriate party for completion in agreed order of priority and verify successful completion.
- When required advise accurate internal quotations to ensure that stakeholders are given clear information about the viability and cost associated with the work they request.
- Monitor standards of quality, performance, timeliness, and compliance to ensure that work carried out by your team is performed satisfactorily, in a timely manner and in accordance with legal requirements and professional standards.
- Monitor and report on your teams performance against work orders and any associated budgets and KPI's to the Maintenance Manager
- Ensure inventory management is satisfactory
- Prepare and submit reports as required
- Make recurring recommendations in respect of capital works required to maximise the long-term utility of the properties.
- Experience supervising trade-related teams across multiple technical areas in maintenance of assets
- Experience working in public environments
- Team leadership, supervisory and performance management skills
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Negotiation and problem solving skills
- Competence and comfort to work at heights
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet strict deadlines
- Adaptability to accommodate changing conditions and shifting priorities to meet managements needs.
- Sound technical knowledge of mechanical engineering including associated legislation and standards.
- Sound understanding of electrical work for the purposes of supervising electricians during the
- Confidence to make independent decisions but with the judgement to take advice when required.
- Trade qualification in Mechanical Fitting & Turning
- Current Class C NSW drivers licence
- Extensive post trade experience in Mechanical Fitting and Turning
- Training in current WH&S, QA and ideally environmental legislations and systems
- Possession of current First Aid certificate
- Possession of EWP/scaffold/ rigger tickets/working at heights certified / Confined space
- Ensure that all WHS&E Code Compliance and industry standards are fully and efficiently met
- Review the currency and requirements of training and licences on an ongoing basis.
Please note closing date is subject to change.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Antwanett Willett on 02 9633 0500, quoting Ref No. 356648_4.