Mid Level JAVA / Frontend Engineer - UI, FX,Trading System, Capital Markets
|Job Title:||Mid Level JAVA / Frontend Engineer - UI, FX,Trading System, Capital Markets|
|Location:||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2019 16:35|
My client is a leading Investment Bank based in Sydney's CBD, leading the way within electronic trading of multi asset classes with cutting edge trading systems built by highly advanced and committed technologists. The client is looking for experienced Software Engineers a with a proven track record in Java and related technologies. Expect to join a highly motivated team comprising of best-in-class developers, business analysts and testers.
As a successful candidate you will be passionate about programming, work to the highest standards and are interested in learning new things. You are analytical and critical in your thinking and able to come up with innovative solutions for challenging problems. You can work independently front-to-back but are also a strong team player. You feel responsible for your work and take ownership right from inception to final delivery of the code. You can communicate successfully with both technical colleagues and our business stakeholders and showcase your delivered code.
What skills/experience do I need?
• A motivated a self-starter
• Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Highly proficient at core Java programming (full stack end-to-end)
• Experience with open source Java frameworks, e.g. Spring
• Automated component or system testing experience
• Confident with Linux operating systems
• Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years of software development experience, preferably in Finance or mission-critical systems
• Java UI development experience (e.g. Swing or JavaFX)
• Continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) using e.g. Jenkins or Bamboo
• Experience with ‘container’ technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
• Public cloud hosting, esp. Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Understanding of high-availability design
• Low-latency and/or reliable messaging for distributed systems (E.g. Kafka, Aeron or similar)
• Strong understanding of multi-threading and low latency data structures
• NoSQL database and/or in-memory cache technologies
• Understanding of event-sourcing application design
• Financial markets domain knowledge (foreign exchange in particular)
whats in for you :
• A collaborative environment with highly talented colleagues that are passionate about what they do
• The opportunity to grow and learn professionally, using leading edge technologies
• Flexible working policies
If you feel you fit the above requirements and you're looking to make that next move or curious to find out more, please apply today or you can reach me Marian Antony on 02 8047 4015 / 0481 202 402 email email@example.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's