|Job Title:||Network Engineer|
|Salary:||SGD 6000 Monthly|
|Contact Name:||Rekha Ramaswamy|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2018 19:01|
This is a 12 months contract based in Singapore.
- Maintain the highest quality standards in all assigned data center locations and remote points of presence (POPs).
- Perform physical installation, repair, maintenance, and testing activities as directed with meticulous attention to driving and maintaining the highest quality standards in the telecommunications industry.
- Perform card adds or replacements, software upgrades, and associated testing.
- Provide site survey support for OSP and ISP projects, as well as large space & power and/or equipment deployments.
- Perform site audits and reconcile data discrepancies in coordination with
- Network Surveillance and other groups as necessary.
- Recommend improvements to processes that may impact the quality of our network assets or improve overall efficiencies for any related process or system.
- Manage local construction vendors working on behalf of the company to ensure compliance with installation, repair, maintenance MOPs, and standards, as well as quality and cleanliness.
- Meet/coordinate with Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) and other technicians to facilitate timely installation, repair, and maintenance activities as necessary.
- Perform site surveys in support of network builds, augments, or decommissions.
- Assist in coordinating site access, equipment staging, and other tasks
- Up to 20% travel outside of assigned metro area required
- Extensive knowledge of Data Center and POP infrastructure, including experience or deep understanding of OSP, ISP, interfacility cabling, fiber and copper distribution, AC/DC power systems, environmental controls, and relay rack/cabinet/cage construction.
- A minimum of 3 years experience installing, testing, troubleshooting, and commissioning a wide variety of telecom/network equipment, including DWDM, and a myriad of routers and switches, as well as all associated fiber and space/power infrastructure in POP or DC environments.
- Expertise with all telecommunications testing equipment from scopes and sources and power meters to the different OTDR, BER, and IP capable test sets
- Knowledge of all optical testing standards across all transport protocols and bandwidths
- Must know what good looks like - running, dressing, cleaning, scoping/testing, labeling, racking, stacking, and general neatness within a data center environment.
- Complete understanding of all data center site safety standards.
- OSHA certifications highly preferred
- Experience with state and local regulatory standards, procedures, and permitting requirements preferred.
- Experience and ability to work effectively with local exchange carrier (LEC) and other telecom service provider technicians, building landlords, electricians, construction operators, and non-technical end users.
- Contractor management experience preferred. Union contractor experience preferred in metros where unions are prevalent.
- Ability to work independently, diagnose problems and take appropriate action with minimal supervision.
- Experience with logical inventories like Netcracker or Granite, and the ability to read fiber or duct tables, CAD drawings, and blueprints required.
- Competence with spreadsheets, workflow and project management applications, and administrative software applications a must
Interested candidates can send their CV to Rekha Ramaswamy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's