Seeking an experienced Parks Maintainer to provide efficient, high quality horticultural services working to maintain and enhance the amenities of the area.
Parks Maintenance / General Duties
- Undertake, under general supervision, horticultural activities including, but not limited to, weeding, pruning, digging, raking, mulching, planting, spraying (with approved insecticides and herbicides) and mowing in accordance with established maintenance programs
- Operate in a safe and efficient manner, a range of minor and specialist hand tools and minor mechanical plant equipment including, ride-on mowers/hand mowers/turf and garden maintenance and renovation equipment
- Regularly check that an efficient reticulation program is maintained and report any problems as they arise
- Report any issues related to parks and reserves deterioration or upkeep problems
- Current “C” Class Drivers’ Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Completion of Year 10.
- Certificate 3 in Horticulture (Turf or Parks and Gardens) or Irrigation
- Current Traffic Management Certificate and sound working knowledge of traffic management for the maintenance on streets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well within the team.
- Able to provide on-the-job training for other Park Maintainers.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise horticultural skills using various materials and/or specialised techniques.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to utilise a tablet independently.
- Substantial demonstrated experience in the safe operation and user maintenance of plant and equipment required to undertake garden maintenance operations.
If you are interested in hearing more about these opportunities, please click “APPLY” and submit an up-to-date version of your resume.
Rubicor Workforce is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All applications must satisfactorily pass pre-employment screening and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.