The successful candidate is required to have relevant experience in each of the areas stated below:
- Extensive experience using EMPOWER and TIMEFILER
- Administer Payroll and Personnel activities in accordance with relevant policies, procedures, the relevant Industrial Agreement and legislative requirements.
- Create and maintain employee payroll and personnel records with the required level of confidentiality.
- Process payroll transactions in the integrated Payroll/Personnel Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS) based on approved documentation from Branch Managers and in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Collaborate with other government agencies with regards to employee payroll and personnel related matters including secondment details, transferable entitlements, salary re-coups, superannuation, taxation, deductions, etc.
- Maintain integrity documentation and transactions to meet corporate audit requirements.
- Assist internal audit function on a range of payroll and personnel activities to ensure integrity and accuracy of data.
- Maintain employee files including appropriately numbered folios of records of employees’ employment history.
- Provide support for selected projects and assignments related to payroll/personnel matters.
Possession of a current police clearance (no older than 3 months) is a non-negotiable requirement of this role.
Previous Government payroll experience is highly desirable.