- You are can own a holistic vision for a set of features and can clearly identify and scope the problem at hand.
- Your process should be to test hypotheses and shepherd your ideas through multiple iterations of validation and development.
- You care about people! You've navigated the complexities of software development organizations, and can facilitate discussions to challenge assumptions, give critical feedback, and drive consensus.
- You speak the language of users and are able to define their journey through a system from start to finish.
- You trust your instincts and are able to build a strong point of view, and can clearly articulate the rationale behind it.
As a manager, you are responsible for putting your team members on the path for growth and overall success. You will guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring deadlines are met while keeping a high-quality bar.
As a contributing team member, you will own at least one feature area within your theme (through collaborating with product management, engineering, user research, and marketing) from defining the vision and strategy all the way to the fit and finish of delivery.
- 1-3 years in a management or leadership role on a Design team
- 6+ years design experience (at least 3+ years designing mobile apps)
- Experience and expertise in design strategy, user-centered experience design, prototyping, UX research
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations
- Ability to multitask on several short and long-term projects
- Strong online portfolio that demonstrates your process and ability to turn ideas into a convincing and unique creative vision
- Experience using the standard tools of the design trade, e.g. Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Bonus: Coding skills and/or Motion skills