Project Co-ordinator / Senior Project Director
|Job Title:||Project Co-ordinator / Senior Project Director|
|Location:||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Published:||May 14, 2019 11:00|
1. Lead a cross-portfolio team who assist in the development and delivery of Major Works ($20m-$250m) programs by providing financial, reporting, quality assurance and procurement services to enable the Department to meet performance requirements for educational facilities and deliver educational programs that meet Department and Government objectives.
2. Lead engagement with major stakeholders including internal and central government agencies to ensure the smooth passage of capital works programs from planning and budget submissions through to delivery teams and subsequent management, reporting, safety and assurance.
3. Liaise with Local Council, provide authoritative and specialised advice and brief senior Departmental staff, school principals, and the Minister on Capital Works and strategic asset management issues to provide sound information and recommendations regarding policies, strategies and priorities to enable informed decision making.
4. Ensure the correct statutory planning approval path is identified and undertaken for individual projects and programs including consultation with local Councils and relevant consent authorities.
5. Implement and monitor the application of Government policies and procedures relating to asset planning and management, including Total Asset Management principles to ensure the Department meets all legislative, contract and safety obligations and requirements.
6. Lead, motivate and mentor members of the Project team to build commitment to shared goals and effective working relationships and the creation of a customer focused culture.
• Relevant tertiary and/or post graduate qualifications in Construction, Engineering, Project Management or related fields
• 10+ years’ of relevant professional experience, preferably gained in a large, complex and decentralized work environment
• Has delivered projects of longer duration, typically up to 3 years, where objectives develop with time, there is potential for conflict and a number of influential key stakeholders.
• Proven experience in the successful project management of construction projects to a value of more than $20 million and of a longer duration (typically up to three years) in a commercial environment. This includes experience in delivering projects with multiple simultaneous phases and/or at multiple discrete locations.
• Strong leadership skills to lead multiple teams and deliver projects in a diverse team environment with limited support and reporting to more than one senior stakeholder.
• Previously worked on projects with a required scope, design development, high levels of compliance, assurance and regulation, significant levels of innovation and unproven technology.
• Ability to respond to unpredictable risks, and manage a number of simultaneous/overlapping phases.
Note: This is a 12 month Contract role. Start date is immediate.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's