The successful candidate will have experience in a range of duties relating to records management, including end user education.
- Document Processing, Archiving, Classification, Indexing and File Creation
- Creates new files including allocation of appropriate titles in accordance with departmental policies
- Coordinates filing of documents as required
- Coordinates the processing of internal and external mail, including mail collection and delivery
- Liaises with staff to obtain required information for accurate file titling
- Assists in implementing records management policies and procedures
- Assists end users with the retrieval of information from files and documents
- Assists with the induction training and ongoing learning of subordinate staff.
- Undertakes additional duties and responsibilities, as required.
- Considerable practical experience in a WA government records management environment.
- Experience monitoring and overseeing the performance of junior staff
- Knowledge of relevant legislation associated with records management
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and negotiate with people at all levels including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Accurate and competent keyboard and data entry skills.