Rubicor Technical are seeking on behalf of our client, a Brisbane based Mining company with interests in Pacific Islands, Australia and Asia, an experienced Resource Geologist for their interests in the pacific. The position holder will be undertaking database management, maps, as well as block modelling, geostats and QA/QC for the commodities, namely Ni Laterite and CuAu mineralisation (porphyry and epithermal).
The key focus of the role:
- Perform, coordinate, review and/or assist in estimating mineral resource models from interpretation of geology and mineral controls to estimation of metal grades and validation of grade models.
- Manage and analyse spatial and analytical data.
- Maintain the databases to an internationally recognised standard.
- 15 years+ experience with previous expatriate experience.
- Excellent English and report writing ability.
- Proven experience in JORC or 43101 reporting and presenting at Executive level audience.
- Competent Persons reporting experience with skills commensurate with the JORC requirements.
- Proven experience with Surpac, working on a mine with geology and planning, database management skills, resource and reserve reporting.
- Experience in Exploration and Mine Operations.
- Demonstrated high level skills in geology and resource modeling softwares such as, Microsoft Office, MS-SQL and Access, Geosoft, Map Info and mining software applications e.g. Micromine, Gemcom, Surpac.
- Strong 3D interpretation and geostatistical modelling skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high degrees of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively to meet project requirements.
- Capacity and willingness to participate in the training, development, and mentoring of Geologists and other technical staff.
- Awareness, understanding and demonstrated capacity to comply with workplace health and safety requirements
This is a FIFO role, based on site in the Pacific. 6/2 roster.
Applications are invited from candidates globally.
To apply follow the link or email Jon White: firstname.lastname@example.org