Our client is a leading national and international firm with state wide offices looking to bring onboard a new Senior Accountant looking to relocate to Northern WA or who is already in the area. With a regional approach and client base, they are seeking an individual who is keen on staying long term, becoming embedded in the local community and it's various activities whilst still maintaining a professional service and approach.
A Senior position in the business reporting locally and through to the head office in Perth, the role has the following responsibilities:-
- Prepares clear and concise work papers as evidence of work performed;
- Applies knowledge of the business environment within which the client is operating and how the client is positioned in the industry;
- Assists graduates with work and acts as a mentor/buddy;
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with all current, legal and accounting reporting standards;
- Prepares documents for client meetings with Partner;
- Helps identify, research and resolve all complex accounting issues;
- Prepares and analyses management accounting reports; and
- Conducts tax compliance reviews of tax returns and FBT returns.
- Business degree with Accounting Major
- CA or CPA Qualified
- 3-8 years experience
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and an commitment to continuing professional development
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Be community minded and focused