An exponentially growing Telco provider with multiple industry awards is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join their team in Melbourne.
They are a collaborative and close knit team of high performing individuals who work hard and celebrate their achievements. You can expect a fast paced, flexible, dynamic and fun environment where if you work hard you will be significantly rewarded.
What your new role would entail…
- Delivery of world-class modelling solutions and data assets covering our product and services, our customers and marketing activities.
- Lead interpretation of experiments and develop experimentation best practices
- Drive innovation by exploring new experimentation methodologies or statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our product and customer decision-making processes.
- Proactively perform data exploration on customer behaviour to discover opportunities for improving our personalization and targeting algorithms.
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely.
- Work with the data science team lead to communicate and influence the business on the use and potential improvements to developed models
- Work with the data science team lead to guide and direct the team in the most appropriate technical methods for the delivery of data assets in the roadmap.
What you will bring...
- PhD or MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics or related field
- 3+ (Senior) years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact
- Strong statistical knowledge and intuition - ideally utilized in A/B testing or other experimentation setting
- Expert python skills and equally strong SQL and NoSQL skills
- Experience with AWS technologies (Redshift, EC2, S3, Elasticsearch, EMR, Kinesis, Lambda services.)
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like HDFS and Hive is a plus
- Proficiency with essentials of Data Science - Numpy, Pandas, scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow as well as a strong understanding of NLP frameworks
- Strong data visualizations skills to convey information and results clearly
- Deep product sense
- Ability to work independently and drive your own projects in an agile delivery environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills- Impactful presentation skills in front of a large and diverse audience
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
If you believe this role is for you, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.