|Location:||Australia - VIC|
This leading consultancy is looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer to provide automated operational engineering/ DevOps solutions for large and/or complex projects. Provide thought leadership and inspire change to enable the development of DevOps cultures.
• Provide technical leadership and consultancy to guide environment/operation and development teams in the automation of operational processes.
• Guide engineers and configuration analysts to execute on a defined method to satisfy the customisation of all components in commercial enterprise environments.
• Design, build, document and execute automation functions including provisioning, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, and deployment of platform components into the target environment/s.
• Ensure all components are built to provide quality, security, scalability, stability, efficiency and reliability, ensuring compliance with client processes and governing standards.
• Recommend and implement DevOps practices which are sustainable and considered the best fit for the client's need.
• May provide estimates and project planning for projects.
• Manage, monitor and report on documented technical risks and issues associated with components of project/s.
• Provide expertise and technical consulting to client projects in a way that builds and maintains professional relationships.
• Deliver to agreed client expectations and project plans and ensure appropriate escalation of issues/ risks, etc.
Skills and experience:
• Experience as a Build/ Operations or DevOps Engineer focusing on bridging the gap between developers and operations for large complex clients.
• Expert in the usage of automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
• Understand fundamental infrastructure/operational principles and have some experience in development.
• Extensive experience installing and configuring virtualisation, cloud, network, storage, backup, DR, database and security technologies.
• Extensive experience working with and supporting Linux (eg. RHEL, SUSE, zLinux, CentOS), AIX, Solaris
• Significant experience in the application of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Experience in PaaS technologies such as: Docker, Kubernetes and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
• Experience in scripting languages, such as: Bash, Perl, Python, Powershell.
• Experience in installing and configuring middleware and application servers such as: WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss.
• Strong understanding of software development lifecycle in traditional and agile practices.
• In depth understanding of technology stacks that make up functioning applications (eg. Web Tier, Application Tier and Database Tier)
If you are interested in this role then please apply