Senior Mechanical Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Mechanical Engineer|
|Location:||Townsville & Northern QLD|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2019 17:30|
The position will have at least 10 years’ experience with extensive experience and knowledge of processing plant construction works You will be the Mechanical Superintendent on the expansion project. As part of the role you will be responsible in overseeing the installation of the structural, mechanical, piping and pumping installation works.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing the construction contracts for the installation of all mechanical, structural, piping and pumping works required for the expansion
- Undertaking and managing the site inspections during the construction works
- Monitoring the progress of the contractor for the duration of the works
- Manage the RFI process from the contractor
- Assess progress claims from the contractor
- Manage the interface between the operational plant and the new works
- Manage the interfaces with the civil works and the electrical and instrumentation works
- Oversee and ensure the quality of the works being installed
- Undertake weekly site meetings with the contractor
- Document all meetings and site inspections
- Report weekly to the construction manager and company management team on the progress of the works
- Work closely with the Construction Manager, Civil Superintendent and Electrical Superintendent and other staff to ensure the timely and smooth delivery of the expansion project
You will manage the onsite inspection works of the Mechanical Engineers.
Note: RPEQ accreditation is essential for this role.
- This role will require you to live and work in Townsville.
- FIFO is not an option
- Approximate 18 month project.
- This role is only open to those with the right to work in Australia.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's