|Job Title:||Data Engineer|
|Location:||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2018 17:02|
An exponentially growing financial services company with multiple industry awards is seeking a Data Engineer on a permanent basis.
A focus will be placed on your ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of programming languages such as Python, Java, Scala and shell scripting. Experience with infrastructure tools such as Terraform and Ansible, and CI/CD pipelines are highly regarded. Also required is hands-on experience with AWS web services, particularly with a focus on configuring a secure environment.
What your new role would entail…
- Promote AWS and cloud best practices to maximise compute performance while minimising infrastructure costs.
- Design and develop usage patterns and APIs to enable user self-service.
- Ability to write and optimize complex queries using both SQL and NoSQL paradigms.
- Able to work with different data types e.g. streaming, real-time, file based, RDMS, unstructured data, etc.
- Ability to design and build complex event processing, preferably in a large-data environment.
- Design and develop core capabilities such as data ingestion, feature engineering, data science pipeline, model management.
- Work on software and data engineering for bespoke projects.
What you will bring...
- Exposure to Hadoop technologies e.g. Spark, PySpark, Kafka, Hive, Flume, Hue, Sqoop, etc.
- Familiarity with AWS services.
- Exposure to DevOps and Agile.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to assess and implement new technologies and processes.
- An open mindset and proven ability to innovate and influence.
- Data ingestion technologies and capturing meta-data and data lineage.
- Experience with ‘infrastructure as code’, e.g. Terraform, Ansible.
- Experience with shell scripting.
- Experience with configuring secure environments with AD groups, SSO, SAML, etc.
- Experience of Reporting and Analytics, and/or experience working with analysts and data scientists.
- Experience using productivity and collaboration tools such as JIRA and confluence in a software delivery environment
- Exposure to DevOps and Agile – with demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement
What's in it for you?
This is a fast growing organisation with lots of career opportunities and the ability to earn an excellent package.
If you believe this role is for you, please apply by sending your CV via the big button below or contact Geraint for a confidential discussion on (03) 8637 7370.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's