As a result of continued growth, an exceptional opportunity exists for a Senior Tax Accountant to join an energetic team of professionals. Interacting closely with a Manager and a Partner, you will be working independently providing a wide range of business and taxation services for an assorted client base. In addition, you will be involved in tax planning, research of various taxation issues as well as be responsible for assisting and mentoring graduate accountants.
Some of the duties in this role include:
- Preparing income tax returns and FBT for a variety of entities including large Pty Ltd companies, consolidated groups and other complex structures
- Preparing and analysing financial statements and trial balance obtained by clients and determine suitable tax treatments
- Completing and lodging BAS, IAS and consolidated activity statements
- Calculation of Capital Gains Tax
- Drafting initial tax advice and reports
- Liaise with the ATO and ASIC on behalf of clients
- Working with clients in diverse industries
- Minimum 3 year's experience in a tax or business services role
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- CA/CPA qualification, or near completion
- Strong technical skills, with the ability to manage their own client portfolio
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Driven, ambitious and eager to learn
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new role in Public Practice (in Perth), please contact us for a confidential discussion regarding your career.