The role will be expected to handle support calls from technical clients/end users and undertake development and maintenance tasks on Python, PHP, Java and IIS applications as well as basic admin tasks on PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle databases.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- performs various elements of software and application development in the following areas: development, testing, debugging and modifying program modules and documentation;
- is responsible for the design, development, testing, debugging and modifying program modules and documentation;
- is responsible for the development of code modules be to the supplied solution design plan;
- creates a graphical model or a data model of how the Department’s data will be stored; and
- provides application development, integration and maintenance services for the application custodians in line with the production support plan for the vendor application or custom application or system.
- Familiarity with Python (Django), Java and PHP applications and environments
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle databases and working with SQL
- Familiarity with modern web browsers on desktops and mobile (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer)
- Familiarity with Linux (Docker, RHEL/CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu) and Windows server environments
- Experience in a diverse corporate environment required to achieve biodiversity conservation, environmental protection and other natural resource management goals.
- Knowledge of the Australasian Inter-Service Incident Management System (AIIMS) and its application to emergencies such as bushfires.