Superintendent / Asset Protection Operations
|Job Title:||Superintendent / Asset Protection Operations|
|Location:||PNG & Pacific Islands|
|Job Published:||August 30, 2018 14:45|
The incumbent will be part of the Porgera APD Senior Leadership Team with reporting responsibilities to the Manager, Porgera APD. This will be a back to back FIFO role.
BNL is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group.
- Apply and monitor the systems and processes for the security of employees, contractors and visitors at the Operation, travelling to and from the Operation and on the Highway and power transmission line.
- Manage the functions of the security units.
- Monitor operations security systems and performance measures and formulate alternatives and improvements to systems and methods.
- Assist the Asset Protection Manager with implementation of change management initiatives and other business improvement projects.
- Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the PJV Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the team.
- Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Develop continuous improvement targets for the function and drive and measure achievement of these targets.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the team.
- Ensure effective communication with delegate prior to departure from site.
- Minimum 10 years’ service with police or military background.
- Extensive experience in leading and coordinating teams of security operators.
- Extensive experience in emergency and incident response, incident investigation and liaison with authorities in relation to people and property protection.
- Knowledge of security operations systems and protocols in the protection of a large mine and minerals processing operation and associated satellite infrastructure.
- Demonstrated success as an effective leader.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness.
- High level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in PNG is beneficial.
- Experience in managing department costs and budgeting
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
This role will be on a FIFO roster of 16 days on / 12 days off with a charter out of Cairns. Work location will be the Porgera Mine Site, PNG. On site all accommodation and food will be provided.
An on-travel allowance will be provided to candidates who reside outside of Cairns, Australia.
Relocation assistance is provided should you wish to move to Cairns (provided you have the right to reside in Australia).
FIFO from international locations will be considered (New Zealand / Asia)
In addition to good base annual salary and international savings plan you will receive:
- Location allowance
- Mobility allowance
- Short term incentive plan
- Long term incentive plan.
For PNG Visa purposes you will to undertake immigration and pre-employment medical screening and will need to obtain a National Police Clearance.
The offer for this role is conditional upon the candidate successfully obtaining and retaining a visa that allows you to work in Papua New Guinea.
To apply follow the link or email Jon White directly: email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's