In addition this role will:
- Hold accountability for analysing the performance of the wider PNG security operations.
- Champion all security related IT systems.
- Be the centre for continuous improvement within the Asset Protection Department (APD) ensuring security operations are representative of industry best practice, optimally equipped with the right tools to conduct effective operations focused on operator safety and the maximisation of technology within the security function.
- Provide operational leadership to the Security Project Coordinators tasked to oversee the maintenance and procurement of security infrastructure and equipment.
- Provide strategic guidance and mentorship to the principle security at Porgera.
- Support the key stakeholders to optimise service delivery for the wider PNG security function and deputise for the APD Manager when he is absent from Papua New Guinea.
The incumbent will be part of the Porgera APD Senior Leadership Team with reporting responsibilities to the Manager, Porgera APD.
BNL is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group.
- Ensuring the governance of mine risk management.
- Development of Business Continuity & Resilience Plans as they relate to identified or emerging risks and threats to company business interests
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant PNG Acts and Regulations as well as company policies, procedures, guidelines, directives and instructions.
- Developing effective internal and external quality assurance programs through reviews, audits, and inspections.
- Developing effective Crisis Management Plans for Critical Infrastructure.
- Developing training for senior staff in budget tracking and reporting.
- Establishing appropriate procedures for managing PJV (Projects Module) annual budget.
- Oversight and assistance with the planning and coordination of Department Projects.
- Promote a high level of health and safety awareness and compliance.
- Minimum 10 years’ service with police or military background
- Experience in undertaking Governance, Risk and Compliance functions
- Professional level fluency in written and spoken English.
- Supervisory experience in relative technical area.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment highly considered
- Significant experience in security and asset protection roles, including several years’ experience in leadership roles.
- Knowledge and experience in a mining operation in a developing country, demonstrating commitment to localisation plans and sensitivity to local customs and practices.
- Knowledge of PNG law as it relates to protection of Company people and assets.
- Experience in police and community liaison and demonstrated success at building and sustaining effective relationships with same.
- Safety Training, Emergency rescue training, First Aid Certificate.
- Physically fit.
This role will be on a FIFO roster of 16 days on / 12 days off with a charter out of Cairns. Work location will be the Porgera Mine Site, PNG. On site all accommodation and food will be provided.
An on-travel allowance will be provided to candidates who reside outside of Cairns, Australia.
Relocation assistance is provided should you wish to move to Cairns (provided you have the right to reside in Australia).
FIFO from international locations will be considered.
In addition to good base annual salary and international savings plan you will receive:
- Location allowance
- Mobility allowance
- Short term incentive plan
- Long term incentive plan.
For PNG Visa purposes you will to undertake immigration and pre-employment medical screening and will need to obtain a National Police Clearance.
The offer for this role is conditional upon the candidate successfully obtaining and retaining a visa that allows you to work in Papua New Guinea.
To apply follow the link or email Jon White directly: firstname.lastname@example.org